[Workshop] Young Eco Warriors by Kidz Treehouse
Time & Location
About the Event
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/95820066671
Suitable for 6-8 year olds
Ever wonder what will happen to Mother Earth if we continue to throw out plastic containers after we are done eating from them? Every single year, 8.8 million tonnes of plastic waste enters and pollutes our ocean.
Kidz Treehouse will take your children on an eco journey making them fall in love with our planet! Let's raise our future generations to live in harmony with our planet. Come join us for an interactive and informative session where we will learn about what zero waste is all about and how that can be done in our beloved little red dot. Through the use of interactive literary materials and hands-on activity, children will be able to increase knowledge and awareness on waste generation, learn ways to care for the environment and enhance their knowledge of current affairs in Singapore.
The session will end off with a creative craft session that participants will make to remind them that every little effort when combined, makes a huge impact to the environment.
2. Colouring and writing materials
- Value themselves as individuals
- Value friendship and demonstrate how kindness, compassion and respect are important
- Spark their imagination and stimulate curiosity through reading
About Kidz Treehouse:
Kidz Treehouse provides high-quality Student Care Services and Authentic Learning Experiences to young learners via an Eco-Centric Learning Environment, enabling our students to develop anti-fragility, enhance their appreciation of nature and imbue the value of grit, so as to become individuals of sound character, innovative change-makers and visionary leaders of tomorrow. Kidz Treehouse is a social enterprise and first eco-inspired student care, with 11 centres, where our curriculum focuses on sustainability and nature. In 2019, Kidz Treehouse hosted a 2-day zero waste camp with more than 1000 children. In those two days, we generated only 8kg of waste. That's 4 grams of waste produced per child in a single day.
- This is an online event. We highly recommend participants to keep their cameras to allow a smooth and engaging learning session.
- Please note that this session will be recorded by the Swap4Earth committee.
- You will receive a Confirmation Email with an access link to the festival.
- Free Entry$0$00$0